Sunday, February 12, 2012

Kalamata Olive Flatbread Sandwich with Rosemary-Lemon Tofu Filling

     We like sandwiches in our house. I often joke that my husband could live the rest of his life and only eat sandwiches. They are a great quick, often expensive meal, and sandwiches have saved me in my meal planning many a time.

     We were at Costco on Friday and found a new item that set our mouths to watering. Now normally I am all about whole wheat/grain bread, but this looked amazing. It was Kalamata Olive Flatbread. They have it in the bakery section. It seemed quite popular as I saw it in most carts. I looked at it and thought, "That would make amazing sandwiches and I know just what to put on it: rosemary-lemon tofu!" I had recently finished the blog posting for that recipe and was really craving it.

Like most sandwiches, these are quick and simple.

Ingredients:
  • Olive Flatbread or a good Focaccia
  • Vegan Cream Cheese or  Mayo
  • Rosemary-lemon Baked Tofu (enough to cover the bread)
  • Fresh Basil Leaves
  • Fresh, sliced Tomatoes
Step 1 - Cut the Bread
  • Cut the bread to the size you would like for your sandwich and then slice horizontally to make a top and bottom.
Step 2 - Assemble the Sandwich
  • Slather on the vegan cream cheese or mayo.
  • If you have large basil leaves, you may want to tear them a bit smaller and then scatter over the bread.
  • Place a single layer of thin tomato slices to cover the bottom bread.
  • Cover the tomato slices with the tofu slices.
  • Place the top on.

Step 3 - Enjoy!
  • Oh yum!

1 comment:

  1. I made this the other day and loved it! The Costco olive flat bread is some of my favorite! I really liked the tofu with the lemon flavor. It was very delicious. I am going to have to do this again.

    ReplyDelete